I'm Royce Williams.
By day, I work in information security.
When I'm not at $DAYJOB,
Tech Solvency is the business under which I work and conduct research.
I live in Anchorage, Alaska with my family.
This page informs assessment of my digital presence.
Research and professional interests
- Passwords - auditing, hashing, and history (especially descrypt). I am a member of
Team Hashcat (as TychoTithonus).
- Regional cyber event and incident management and response
- Asset detection and classification - passive, active, and via harvesting data from other systems and human processes
- TLS - auditing and hardening
- Vulnerability detection and mitigation - practical operational approaches
- DNS - cleanup, auditing, automation, and data mining
In general, I consider myself to be a public-interest technologist, as per #PublicInterestTech and
this Freedman Consulting support.
- tychotithonus (Freenode, Gravatar,
- Origin: see tycho.org and Tithonus
- Pronunciation: /ˈtaɪkoʊ tɪˈθoʊnəs/ ("TIE-co TITH-oh-nuss") (long "i" in "Tycho", short "i" and stress on the first syllable in "Tithonus").
But just "Tycho" is fine. :)
- royce (Disqus, Hacker News,
- roycewilliams (GitHub, LinkedIn, Reddit)
- royce.williams (Google)
- For an exhaustive list with links, see the left column ("Stalker One-Stop Shopping") of my blog.
I have been online since I was 17, so judge accordingly.
Undue diligence that I'm proud of: professional ...
... and personal
Back to Tech Solvency.